bread butter champagne

4.04.2012

Prairie Girl Cupcakes + Bobbette and Belle Macarons


 I was gifted these gorgeous cupcakes and macarons and they were so pretty and tasty! I don't get to go downtown and usually stay in my bubble uptown so such sweets are such a treat!
One cupcake fell over and didn't make the trip though :( 

This one had my name on it! It was vanilla with fresh strawberry icing. It was SO GOOD.
I loved the fresh strawberries blended into the icing but I didn't like the sandy texture of the icing. 
I usually prefer my icing fine and almost creamy. 
I guess it goes with the brand image though, non-fussy girly cupcakes :)
Not upscale but very approachable.

I am in love with Bobbette and Belle macarons. I think they are one of the best that you could find in Toronto. These were so good as well. My only quibble would be that I really wish they wouldn't package them like this... There were too many to sit flat and a few of them got crushed. The box didn't hold its shape. 
In contrast to Prairie Girl, Bobbette and Belle is classy and upscale. 
Very French attitude if you know what I mean...
I wish they would get the Laduree macaron boxes already!
If you haven't tried the macarons, I suggest you get the salted caramel and pistachio :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...